Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bring On The SUN!

For the past week the forecast has been saying it'll be sunny and in the 60s in a few days. A few days go by, still rainy and cloudy, and they still keep saying just wait a few more days and it'll be sunny! Sigh. A downside to Oregon: weather predictions are pretty impossible.

Today is Jamie's birthday. Oh boy...the kid needs to STOP GROWING! It's ridiculous. I still remember his stubborn toddler attitude saying adar instead of airplane and suddenly he turns 8 which brings on girls calling him! Ok, not girls, it was only one. But still...strange. Don't really think too much about how fast time flies until you have a sibling much younger than you (or a kid I guess).

Life is still going as usual. JT is being trained as a supervisor by his supervisor who, by the sounds of it, has high hopes of getting promoted thus leaving his spot open for the taking. Would be pretty cool if JT got it, though that's up in the air. Kinda confused at the moment because ANTM casting was supposedly going to stay closed for this next cycle yet they have an open call in Portland and I don't know if I can go to that since I submitted photos online (it's after the deadline to send photos online but there's no date about when people will be chosen). It might count as two applications which isn't allowed. Turned in my application for the library job that I reeeeeeeeally want on Friday and I've got my fingers crossed. I'll probably check in this Friday to see if there's any chance they've gone through all the applications by that point.

Oh yes, and volleyball starts next week! Kinda...technically it doesn't start until the 29th but there's an open court thing going on next Monday which JT intended on holding spots for us for...I should ask him if he did that. Hmmm. But yes, volleyball starts soon! Soooooooooo excited about that. JT is actually going to be playing too but we're not sure if we'll be on the same team or not. We want to be but Peter (SVA director) might separate us since I'm more advanced than him which would mean either putting me on a team below my playing level or putting JT on a team a bit too advanced for him. Neither of us would mind either way but Peter has to consider the other players on the team (which is really cool of him, I must say) so we'll see. I don't think we'll find out until after the open court day since that's when he'll be looking at new players' skills and trying to match them with the right team. Either way though it should be pretty freaking awesome! Honestly, I think my body knows what's about to happen to it because all my weak spots (ankle, knee, shoulder, and both wrists) have been getting sore whenever I think about banging around on the court. For example, my shoulder is hurting like I just smashed it against the floor right now. Sigh. And people wonder why I come home black and green after a game hahaha! I'd be perfect for a kneepad commercial. But enough volleyball ranting...

JT and I are getting antsy to move out on our own. We've been looking at apartments for a few months off and on but since we know we'll be able to really soon (need to save just a bit more to be sure we have deposit, first and last month's rent) the excitement is getting up there. Can't wait!!! This new adventure in our lives is just...overwhelming and amazing and cool and scary and....how would one combine spectacular/fabulous/incredible/and freaking bizarre into a word? Supercalafragilisticexpealidocous doesn't seem to cut it ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Yes Bring on the Sun!! I live in Australia and for the past month we have had nothing but rain most days!

    Nikki
    xx
    http://nikkis-attic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete