Saturday, October 2, 2010

TGIS

Thank God it's Saturday!!!

Seriously, this week was killer. At least for me. JT doesn't seem fazed by it...but his schedule didn't go insane so I guess that's kind of expected.

Week one of school in a nutshell:

Monday - wake up at 6:30 for the first time in a long time. Groan. Roll over, fall back asleep until 7. Get my lazy butt up, shake JT to remind him I have to go to class. Go to class at 8. And again at 10. And again at 11. Go home and wonder why on earth I went back to school again. Go to volleyball...get REALLY injured. I mean, normally I get injured anyway cuz I'm spastically insane like that but this time my kneepads should've been on my shins because for some reason I wasn't sliding on my knees like I should. The next day I went to class with my ankle and knee brace as well as a wrap around my wrist...JT's pretty sure I overextended my tendons. It hurts to write and type still...sadness.

Tuesday - Wake up again...not happy. Go to class. Freak out because I already have a ton of homework and it's only the second day of school. Attempt to get some done when I get home. Go to 2fourtytwo (Acts 2:42) which is our church's group for college aged kids. LOVE IT. Sign up for a women's spiritual workbook thingy...it's a study thing but I don't know the exact details yet except that it's on Thursdays. JT signs up to be a mentor for a kid at one of the elementary schools. He should be starting that the week after next (paperwork has to go through). We're both stoked.

Wednesday - Back to class again!!! Get even more homework. Go home thinking I have plenty of time to rest since I don't have anything going on that night...only to remember we have laundry. A LOT of laundry since we brought some blankets home on Sunday. Do that, go home, do homework. Ugh. Oh, and get sick!! Bout midmorning I realize my throat is really scratchy and nasal breathage is not at 100% capacity. Not good! Did I mention that because of homework/life I haven't been able to get to sleep til after midnight? My energy is running on empty and now getting sick. ACK!!

Thursday - Only have one class but it's at 8am. Gah! Go home, rest a little, go to work. PUT IN MY TWO WEEKS NOTICE!!! Happiness!!! Not because I found another job though. With all the craziness of school I can't hold as many hours as I'm scheduled at work and there's not much that can be done about that since no one in the salon gets scheduled for less than 5 hours a shift. I can only do 3-4 with the homework I have and schedule of life/school that I have. I might still find another job though. JoAnn's would be lovely...

Friday - Go to class. Soooooooo tired. Keep in mind this is day 5 of about 6 hours sleep at most. I'm not a night person. Or a morning person. Afternoon is my style. And I NEED my 8 hours of sleep. Feel like dying on the inside. Can't breathe...beginning to cough. Was told by mother in law that it's probably her fault (those darn evil mother in laws!!! :-P) and to expect more coughing. Did homework, JT calls. We're going out with some of his coworkers! Crap...feel like crap, look like crap, sound like crap. If they noticed they didn't say anything.

Today - Go to work and get majorly punished by my general manager for leaving the store. Makes me do cricket bags (EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!) and once again I start crying and freaking out because there was still a tarantula in the back next to the buckets. And crickets were crawling on me. Hate that job. But I love Ashley, so I finish the day instead of just saying screw it and leave. Get rewarded with a phone call about an hour ago from Ashley saying "You're free!!! You don't have to come back ever again! At least not to work...we still want cupcakes." I love my girls :-D Oh and coughing is much worse...though I'm not sure if that's from talking excessively last night while with JT's coworkers or from swallowing a ton of dog hair at the salon (the curse of working there: you definitely get your fiber). It better not be cuz I'm sick.
Life is chaos!!! But at least now Petco won't be involved anymore. *Jesus and his angel choir come down on strings singing HALLELUJAH!!!* Now it should be the good kind of chaos...even if I do have to wake up early ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment