Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happiness Project May Report

May is ending and June is coming up quick (though you wouldn't know it by the weather here). So how am I doing?

Stop stressing and give it to God: Not quite sure on this one. While I haven't been stressing intensely beyond all measure like I normally do I've been incredibly busy. As in too busy to think about anything past the next five minutes. I haven't had room in my head or life to stress. The times I have stressed I've been trying to pray instead. Sometimes it works. Sometimes I have to pray multiple times...don't know if it gets me anywhere though. Stress is down but I'm not sure it's anything of my own doing/not doing.

Take my time: I can honestly say I did NOT rush my etsy shop at all. Took me long enough to get it up, sheesh. But I have been trying to slow down. With all the busyness of getting the shop up and now trying to maintain it I can see how easily and quickly I can lose sight of anything else in my life. Walking (when the weather is decent anyway), talking to friends and family, and enjoying life in general is getting easier again. I'm appreciating my work time and my play time more since I've decided to take a step back and not rush everything. Especially on the chores front.

Two-minute rule: I don't think this was the wisest choice in the world for my project. I've always done my dishes when I was done eating, especially since our kitchen is too small to allow dishes to gather. And if something had to be put into the recycling I tend to put it there right away instead of leaving it. I think I hoped that if I did this with other chores that don't necessarily take two minutes but they don't take a half hour either maybe, just maybe, hubby would catch on.

Yeah...he totally didn't.

But that's okay. The chores that I take care of are done regularly so the house is generally clean more often. It helps that we've been attacked by ants every other day or so which means I'm busting out the vacuum cleaner (they like the carpet lately, the little dirtbags) and Borax on an almost daily basis.

Give something up: Oh man. I LOVE not watching Glee anymore. I couldn't have chosen a better time to do so either. The last few episodes I watched were just so lame. Meh song choices and everyone was either turning gay (I still think Santana is just pissed at Britney, she doesn't really care) or so confused about their relationship that they couldn't tell up from down. Can't ANYONE be okay? Bah! Not watching Glee has actually freed me from most shows that I watched so I don't spend nearly the same amount of time on my computer wasting time as I used to. And since I only read a maximum of two hours when JT isn't home I have more incentive to work. Can't be bored if I'm working (unless I'm ironing...I'm sorry but that's BORING).

And as for sleeping? Bah. I gave that up. I'm sorry but my body seems to know better. It wakes up according to nature and goes to bed according to nature. I seem to be doing okay with that so whatever.

Next month's resolutions are all about work. Now that the shop is open there's a lot more to do! I'll let you all know what's going on soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment