Friday, October 19, 2012

Progress

Life is progressing down here. To the point that we're not able to keep up! Chaotic is a good way to describe it.

Construction at the church was going fantastic last week. This week it seems to have taken a full-blown stop. Every night someone goes out to build the rooms are occupied by meetings. Maybe next week the kids' rooms will be finished. Even without construction though, JT has been crazy busy. We both have! Tuesday night is The Warehouse (college group), Wednesday we babysat for one of the life groups, last night we had our life group, tonight I have a brainstorming meeting for the kids' rooms while JT finishes up some stuff in the sanctuary.

We're a little insane.

This doesn't even include his normal work day or my beginning to train for a 5k. He's been swamped at work, being trained hardcore for when he does take over a branch. I discovered I can actually run a mile straight before dying.

There's progress in the baby department too. It's been almost four weeks since I miscarried and my pregnancy hormone levels are FINALLY dropping dramatically. This is good news! I'd like for my body to be back to normal, thank you. No baby means NO PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS. But alas, my body disagrees. Rude. At least have a baby in there if you're going to do this to me, silly body.

JT fell in love with a puppy. Odds are we won't get her (if she's not adopted by the time we're ready to apply I'll be shocked). She is a PUPPY puppy, only 9 weeks old or so. And trust me, when JT is in love with a dog, it's bad news. There's no moving him, he will love that dog for life. Hopefully he can live with loving another dog if that one is no longer available when we're ready. What kind of dog we're looking at...well...I'll keep that hush hush until things are final.

Truffle is doing well...I think. She's kinda in hibernation mode but not quite. It's just beginning to cool off down here but the Southern definition of cooling off means mid-70's. As opposed to the Northwest definition of mid-50's. So she's been spending her days sleeping on her blanket or wanting love but at night it's warm (mind you, we're upstairs. If neighbors cook we get their heat) so she's all rambunctious and wants to play. Which is fine...except she believes it's perfectly acceptable to try ripping tendons out of arms. Ouch...

The South is growing on us, even if it's not home. I'm perfectly okay with the temperatures staying warmer, though I'd love for the leaves to change color. Last night we tried Georgia boiled peanuts which is DEFINITELY a south thing because those were NASTY. Think soggy peanuts and when you open the shell they squirt peanut pea at you (salt water). JT, however, liked them. I'm assuming because he's a guy with disgusting taste. He wouldn't stop eating them...to the point that the worship pastor's wife said, "Look at you, becoming Southern! I'm so proud of you!"

Thanks Shirley, you're not helping him with the nasty eating habits thing. Although, I will say, it's high praise hearing those words coming out of her mouth.

So yes, progress is being made. Towards what yet, we're not entirely sure. Other than a finished church, the results so far are inconclusive. Maybe we'll end up with that puppy. Maybe I'll become the next Bolt (HAH!). But life is going good.

No comments:

Post a Comment