I'm doing a horrible job updating lately. I'm sorry! It's just that the same ol', same ol' is the only thing happening.
Seriously, that's what's going on.
Okay, not really...but kinda!
My hCG is STILL not down to zero. It's gotten to the point where the receptionist at the hospital tells me she's tired of getting calls from me and she's going to hang up next time I call for an appointment because I should be done already. My blood technician said she's going to have to consult a psychologist about my weird desire to get stuck with needles every week if I keep this up. (Thank you, God, for making the support staff so wonderful! And for not making me see the actual doctor this entire time!) This Thursday should be the last though, if my body knows what's good for it. I was 21 on Friday and there's just no way I could fathom not being at 0 by tomorrow. There really isn't. Seriously.
For the few out there who don't know this, JT fell in love with a dog two weeks ago. We went to a food festival with absolutely NO INTENTIONS of adopting. We thought about it but then thought we'd just use that time checking out different rescue groups and moving from there. Yeah, that worked well. I, being the ever helpful wife, glanced one way and saw a dog I knew JT would find cute. I pointed it out to him...and he zipped over there faster than you can say PUPPY! Within minutes he was asking about the dog. In less than 10 he had an adoption application in his hands. He went to about 10-15 different booths looking for a pen (why he didn't just use the ones at the rescue booth I have no idea) so he could fill it out. Last week he checked with the landlord to make sure it was okay, last weekend he called the foster mom, and the dog is ours! We're bringing her home Friday!
And this time, it'll work out! You see, she is 8 months old. While she has never had interaction with cats before she's 1) actually what the foster mom says she is (imagine that, an honest foster mom. She should give lessons to the last one we dealt with. And no, I'm not bashing on foster animal parents, just the one particular bad one we had the joy of dealing with). That means that she's mellow but active, behaved but not fully trained, young enough to learn but old enough to not need potty training. She's also b) a lot smaller than the other dog we brought into the home. Like, 20 lbs smaller. We don't think she'll get much bigger. She'll MAYBE hit 30-35 lbs, but her paws are pretty tiny and her sisters are all a little smaller than her. I think that's as big as she'll get. Which is good for Truffle, less intimidating.
With those two advantages we're pretty sure we can train her to be nice around the cat and have an easier time dealing with her. Hopefully Truffle agrees, because this one isn't going back to foster mama!
SCAD students are about to go on winter break, which for us means a nice (and well-needed) break in activities. Things can slow down a bit for us now that we're not gonna be running to church on Tuesdays. Although Sundays will be busier. JT is taking over the projections system while the kids are gone, so we have to be at church for both services. But still, two days of activity is a lot better than the three we have now, especially while introducing a new dog into the home and it being the holidays (ie, craziness at work for JT).
But yup, same ol', same ol'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment