Friday, February 26, 2010

Take Two

It's that time of the year again where aspiring models do their best to prove that they wanna be on top. That's right, auditions for America's Next Top Model were announced a little bit ago and they're doing things a little differently this time. Not a bad thing, just slightly confusing. But the way they're doing things this time are better, in my opinion, simply because it decreases the risks of catfights, injuries, and hungover staff members sexually harassing everyone (like they did at my auditions last year...sigh). According to CW there's still one on-site casting call but the rest need to be mailed in or submitted online. MUCH easier, stress wise and organization wise, than having a ton of open call casting events.

So the big question: Am I going to try out again? My answer: OF COURSE!!! I feel a lot more confident about this knowing that the application will be reviewed by the actual ANTM staff, instead of being judged of worthiness by the local tv network's staff (since they're the ones that hold the auditions; see above). Do I think I'll get in? Who knows?! There's a lot of talented and good looking women out there. But it doesn't hurt to try. Maybe they'll realize that I'm one of those women hehehe! I'm pretty stoked about it! ANTM auditions, take two! Now if only they'd have a men's version of the show. Oooooooooooooh, would I watch that!!!!

Now a random rant about books. I love books. Always have, always will. But recently I got a particularly good set of them from the library! My favorite of the 5 that I've checked out so far being Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs (author of The Friday Night Knitting Club). It combined all the best ingredients for a good book: food, a catty woman, a mysterious gal, a woman who doesn't know what she wants in life, a man desperately in love with said woman, a happy-go-lucky guy, and the main character of strength who you can't help but root on. Love it! I still have one more book that I need to read but it's been a good reading week for sure!

Today's Awesome Victory: I found an awesome skirt pattern AND beautiful fabric to go with it! Wooo! Can't wait to make it. Just need to get fabric for the bottom band (will probably do that on Wednesday). Pictures will be shown (with me modeling of course) because it'll just be way too gorgeous not to show off hehehe! Another victory? Finding JT a pair of Converse in his size FOR $13!!!! That's right, Converse on massive sale!!! I couldn't believe it. Tried to find myself a pair but of course nothing in my size was on sale...sigh. It's hard being a size 10 in women's. Wish Stu would tell me where he gets his fabulous shoes. Oh, and I found Alice fabric too so I'll probably make an Alice quilt for the silent auction Greenbaum's is holding to raise money for Fences for Fido. Hoping to make a dog quilt as well, just for fun :-D

Off to browse Etsy! The store I wanted to get a shirt from for my birthday twin no longer carries the shirt so now I have to see if there's anything else on there I can find. Which is kinda silly because there's ALWAYS multiple somethings on there hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment