Monday, February 8, 2010

When I Grow Up

JT is officially a man in every sense of the word for he is 21!!! He can do anything he wants in the state of Oregon (except rent a car...which requires you to be 25 and is stupid IMO because what about Uhaul's?).

You know how annoying it is to wake up and have him ask "So how does it feel to be in bed with an older man?" EWWWW!!!

This whole getting older thing is interesting though. In America we all fear getting old because of wrinkles (which causes people to scream and go eww at the same time). Don't know why that's so scary but whatever. But in other countries getting old is awesome because it is a sign of your wisdom and knowledge. I would like to be one of those people that embraces age. Embrace the challenge and the joys of living...that's what I'd like to do. I must say, all this thinking and getting old and the many life changes going on around us (I don't remember if I posted this last time but JT now has full time and a promotion!!!) has me wondering what's going to happen with my life.

In a nutshell I would love to accomplish these things in my life: travel to at least 10-15 other countries (meaning a week or more spent in each), open my own shelter, have children, get some of my photography published or displayed in a gallery, own my own home, and be able to sit on a porch swing with JT watching the sunset while drinking something fruity knowing full well that we're old and wonderful and still kicking life's butt together.

Pretty much when I grow up I'd like to enjoy the beauty of the world, the beauty of a well-tuned relationship, and the beauty of some hard work. I can handle that.

No comments:

Post a Comment