Monday, May 31, 2010

Random Goodness

Oh my, things have been really random lately. REALLY random.

On Thursday JT and I went up to my Uda's to help with garage purging. We assumed we would just be helping clean it out but in the end (as always) we brought a few things home. Sigh...one day we'll come home with less than we brought! I also FINALLY got my glasses (which had been back-ordered TWICE!!) and dyed my hair a brilliant shade of red for a Swap-bot memorial to Eva from 65 Red Roses. I think it looks fabulous!

Wednesday will be apartment hunting as we didn't get to last week like we had thought. Certain management companies down in Corvallis seem to think it's fun to take advantage of college students and don't allow apartment viewing before leasing. Bullcrap in my opinion, which led to having to find someone better to try renting through. Thankfully we found someone and we'll be looking at a few places with any luck.

Also have random crafting that will be taking place. Lovely geek of a hubby that I have has been pestering me like crazy to make him a companion cube from Portal. After relentless harassment I finally showed him the pattern last night which led to him asking if there were others (the one I have is kinda funky) which led to a discovery of knitted ones. As well as a life size one on Craftster that apparently he's going to try attempting. But until then he will be knitting like crazy because he wants a companion cube Christmas tree this year. That's right...our first Christmas on our own will be dedicated to geekery. He says I should see if there are any patterns for Decoy Detenators (see Weasley's Wizard Wheezes in Harry Potter book 6 for details hehe) so I can put those on the tree too. While I doubt I'll find a pattern that matches what I think they look like in my mind (dark gray rhino horns with little wind-up toy feet on the bottom making them kinda waddle/run...without the wind-up thing though of course since they're magic) I have a few different geeky ideas up my sleeve. Just got to try them before I accidently spill the beans to JT!

Now if only I could be as successful figuring out this modeling thing as I am with coming up with brilliant yet difficult plushie ideas.

1 comment: