Let me just start by saying yes, Lillian, this IS directed at you!!! So read up!
I HATE it when in-laws ask "Soooooo, what do you want?"
I DON'T KNOW!!!
I love Christmas and all but when your mother-in-law repeatedly harasses you to send her a Christmas list I must say the line is crossed. How dare someone make me think! You should be able to read my mind!
However if you're able to I'd be quite unnerved. Especially since I can't read minds, which would lead to me pouting...anyway....
So after being harassed again this morning (seriously, that's all she called for...don't lie Lil, I know that's the only reason!) I ask JT on his lunch break "What do we want?"
"I don't know. She asked me too."
"WWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYY?!?!"
"Because parents are difficult and think they need to make our lives difficult by giving us things."
"I hate it when they do that!"
"I know. Me too."
We're probably the only "newlywed" couple on the planet who doesn't want their parents giving them things. Our place is too small for anything more and we still haven't moved all of our stuff over. We've gone long enough without that we don't notice (what's a trash can?). This whole present thing is a silly concept really.
I think what's saddest of all though is that even though this is a joke post it's totally true...we can't think of anything we want for Christmas.
So Mrs. Nosy-Mother-in-Law-who-forces-me-to-think-about-presents I hope you realize how much trouble you're causing!!!
And Rick if you're reading this 1) thank you for not calling repeatedly and asking and 2) I hope you're laughing right now.
Friday, December 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gift cards for massage/spa/nail salon/dog trimmer's/gym? Movie tickets? Cans of preserved foods?
ReplyDelete