Friday, February 17, 2012

Project 365: Operation Us Aborted!

That's right. We're stopping. Why? A few reasons:

* We were getting really tired of forcing shots. Given the time JT comes home, the weather/lighting, and a major lack of interesting things in our apartment you know as well as I do that most of the shots the past few months have looked suspiciously similar. That's because they are. And we're tired of it.

* We completely forgot two days in a row and didn't even feel bad about it. Not a good sign.

* We feel we have learned our lesson - taking pictures of our relationship and adventures is IMPORTANT...but not so much that every single day has to be catalogued. However, taking pictures of everyday things occasionally is more than fine. JT has pledged to be more open and willing to having pictures taken as well as instigating a photo (he NEVER instigates...ever. I ALWAYS have to beg on my knees for him to take pictures, it's ridiculous. Or I used to anyway. Now he just sighs, rolls his eyes, and smiles. Which is why so often he's sticking his tongue out. Payback stinks).

I'm quite pleased with this. I can now have my camera cleaned and looked at without panicking about missed photos. But that smudge in the left hand corner REALLY needs to be taken care of and methinks it has something to do with the sensor.

I think if we had started this in January we could've gone the whole way through. 2 months of lame, indoor photos to be led into months of spring and summer would've been easy. But go from summer and outdoors to winter indoor blahs within a few months wears you down fast as far as photo creativity goes given what we have to work with. But I will pat us on the backs for lasting so long. This is the longest I've lasted on a Project 365 before, and this one was the most specific!

Never fear, I will try to post photos on here regularly still. It just might not be weekly anymore and it won't always be of the both of us. It might be more of Truffle or of some nature scene while we're out hiking/biking/running around town. Or of food. Definitely looking forward to having fresh produce to work with...yuuummmmmm!

Which means in a week or two, I'll have pictures up again. They might be of something completely random. Or, if JT doesn't get called in for jury duty (PLEASE DON'T CALL HIS NUMBER!) during his vacation you'll get to see photos of my birthday celebration that I'm totally stoked about! Or, the sad sad face of JT as he slogs himself to the courthouse to listen to probably the most boring trial ever, knowing his luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment