Even though we've still got about 3 1/2 months left before we move it feels like it's coming closer quickly. Maybe it's the weather and knowing that summer is almost here or the fact that I don't really have much left to do to prep for SCAD as far as paperwork goes. Either way, it feels as if Georgia is right around the corner.
We've been prepping this week to lighten the load of all we'll have to do right before the move. JT and I went to his parents' place and cleaned out his bedroom. Childhood, gone. It was strange for me so I can only imagine how bizarre that must've been for him. We still have to clean out a few more things there but the bedroom felt like a huge step. I can't really express into words how together I felt then. On Sunday our pastor had spoken about marrying someone means leaving your identity behind: how you are no longer a child who can go back to your parents every time you need help, how your dreams need to become "our" dreams and your decisions need to become "our" decisions. So cleaning out his bedroom felt like a huge step towards leaving something that he has been reluctant to leave for a while. We're not living our parents' lives anymore, we're living our own :-)
We also took Truffle into the vet this week. That was a happy surprise!!! At first we thought getting her into the crate would be difficult, the car ride would be nearly impossible (even though the vet is just around the corner), and the vet visit itself would be catastrophic. We have a champion on our hands though. She went into her crate no problem. She mooed (not meowed, MOOED) when we were carrying her outself, probably because she hates how noisy outdoors is...she is the only cat I know who isn't necessarily thrilled when the window is open. Got in the car, she was perfectly fine. This coming from the cat who supposedly threw a HUGE fit in the car when she was being transported to our place. Once we got to the vet...angel. I was shocked (and slightly miffed) that she let the vet and tech hold her like a normal kitty instead of climbing up on their shoulders like she does with me. Got her shots without squirming or howling. She even let her glands be expressed!!! Do you know how rare it is to hear a vet say the cat let them do it without a single complaint? I was such a proud mama!!!! :-D
Yesterday we took a ton of stuff over to Goodwill. This was only the first trip, we'll probably have a few more, but it was liberating. One, because our closet is now clean. But mainly because this means we're doing this for real. We're paring down, we're getting ready, WE'RE GONNA MOVE!!!
So now we wait. I'll be taking care of some stuff around the house (getting together more Goodwill items, USING my craft stash so we have less misc. stuff to pack, etc) while JT works his butt off securing the OK to get promoted. We have a financial counselor we're working with now to help us sort out how to pay for all this (the move, school, life in general) over the next few years with as little debt as possible so we can be debt free ASAP. Turned in my appeal so hopefully in two weeks I'll get a nice boost in my scholarship award. Yup...lots of waiting. But it's a good kind of wait.
Friday, May 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment