Monday, September 28, 2009

Drama

Oh boy...today was very dramatic.

JT was at MEPS pretty much all day today (he's at work now) and I couldn't get a hold of him at all. Under normal circumstances that wouldn't be horrible. I don't expect to get a hold of him while he's doing his enlistment crap. But today was different. I had a dyslexia moment apparently because I thought winter classes at SPU started January 15th....but they actually start on the 5. Going to boot camp November 4th would mean he wouldn't graduate until the 6th. So I'd miss his graduation and he wouldn't be able to help me, a double whammy. In my spastic way I called him frantically and absolutely broke down because it's bad enough we're going through this but to think that I'll miss something important just broke me.

Then, at 1 this afternoon, I had my phone interview with SPU to explain my grades at Vanguard being so...crappy is a nice way to put it. It went pretty well. I had actually emailed this admissions counselor a couple times before about the pre-vet program, transfering in general, and a few other things. So she got to know me a little bit better because she wanted to really have something to say about me on her file. It sounded like she thought I'd be a good person to admit to the school. I should know in about a month or so.

At about 4:30 I FINALLY got a hold of JT. Thank God he didn't sign up for November 4th. In fact, he can't even get into boot camp until April!

Well this leaves me in a very tricky spot. I want to follow JT. It's our first year of marriage and separating in general would be hard, but add the new marriage to it and that makes it pretty darn difficult. But I want to go to school just as bad as I want to go with him. There's gonna be some major decision making that I'm not looking forward to. It's gonna be a very hard next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment