Well I have been to MEPS now, here is a run down of all that happened and what is going on.
Day 1:
We arrived at MEPS on thursday the 24th at about 2:30p.
We checked into MEPS which consisted of us turning in paperwork verifying information, and creating a biometric file.
Then I went and took the asvab (armed services vocational aptitude battery) which took about 2 hours to complete. The asvab consisted a ton of different simple questions on various topics ranging from word knowledge, mathematics, electronics, to "coding" (coding is the ability to find a code line on a chart and recall it).
Upon completion of the asvab I waited until about 7:30p to catch a shuttle to go to the hotel. It took this long, because I missed the first shuttle by about 5min and then had to wait until everyone else completed the asvab.
At the hotel we checked in to our rooms, had a quick briefing, and then we were free until 10p. By the time the process was complete it was 9p, so I went and ate my meal which consisted of: Chicken Alfredo, Salad, Mt. Dew, and Cheese Cake. I completed my meal around 9:30p.
I then called Dani and spoke with her until about 10p.
My roommate (another Navy Nuke prospect) and I chatted and watched television until about 11p.
I slept (note that the sleep was more accurately a series of 8 30min power naps)
Day 2:
I we awoke at 3a in the morning, neither of us could sleep well so we decided to start the day. I made coffee and watched some television (not much on at 3a). We hung out until about 4:20a which was about 10min before room call.
We went and ate breakfast: Cheese Scrambled Eggs, Hash browns, Sausage Links, Pineapple, Cantaloupe, Orange Juice, Milk, and Coffee. We finished at about 4:40a.
We all waited until 5:30a to get on a shuttle bus and head back to MEPS.
This was the real start of Day 2.
We waited in line to check in and once we checked in, went to our liaison and found out our asvab scores and field scores 95/99 asvab and a 263 or 267 on my NF prequalification score.
We then went to our medical briefing which was a 2hr rule and instruction meeting.
From here we went and did our different medical screenings.
Hearing test: sitting in a room with headphones on listening to beeps and pushing a button when I hear the unholy sounds. I passed well, 0s on all of the scales except 6000hz, right ear.
Sight: Color charts, depth perception, and a cool little tool to check my prescription. Passed color charts 0/14, depth perception passed "F" (f is good, it progresses in difficulty a-f), and found out my far vision is Right 20/260 Left 20/200, near vision is Right Left 20/40.
I had my blood drawn.
I had a urinalysis test.
I had a Physical which was perfect except my left ear had an ear wax plug, which I will get into later.
I then went and did the height and weight, also during this the did flexibility, which consisted of us doing a lot of awkward motions and the duck walk (squatting with your hands on your hips and walking on your toes, but touching your heel at the beginning of each step).
So after this I turned in my papers, then the gave me an appointment to get my ear cleaned and finish up the processing.
I turned in my papers to my liaison.
I went and got my free food.
I then checked out and went home.
Tada, that was my thursday and friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment