Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

As much as I hate acknowledging this, no matter what JT says, once he becomes a sailor he will always be a veteran. He will always have served. And that bothers me so much.

But I gotta say, I have so much love and respect to those families out there who have offered more than most of us give in a lifetime. I just wanted to send out a huge, heartfelt thanks to anybody who has served or has a family member who has served. Especially those at Fort Hood. Keep praying for them you all!

Now to add a little cheer, I wanna attempt something. Since Hump Wednesday sucks (I'm sorry but even though the tv shows make up for it Wednesday always reminds me that I've still got two more days to go before the weekend) I wanna try to add a little inspiration on here for you all to enjoy in some way. So here's my first attempt at hopefully a guaranteed weekly post.

http://65redroses.livejournal.com/ This woman is so funny and inspirational. Even though she is home bound with an oxygen tank she tries so hard to fight and be positive. She has Cystic Fibrosis and all I can think about when I see her is that she is sooo young. Yet instead of losing hope she's living it up as much as she can given her situation. She absolutely loves mail so if any of you are feeling a little love this holiday season please send something her way. I have her address (or, if you're a swap-botter, you can check out the forums. A thread was started by SkippyMom) so feel free to contact me if you want it. She truly is a cool gal!

Feed Your Soul is a free art download website. It's simply there to promote art and creativity. They've got some amazing artists on there and artwork for just about everybody. Print something off to cheer up your bedroom, frame in your living room, or tape into your journal. The link to downloads is: http://indiefixx.com/Feed_your_soul/downloads.html

Hope that helps you all get over the halfway hump!

No comments:

Post a Comment