Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dealing with School and Halloween Fun






Dealing with school officials is like trying to teach a 4 month old to no longer use a diaper. Difficult, stubborn, and painful.

I've had financial aid contacting me saying this is missing...okay we're done. Two days later: you know you have something missing right? After that: okay, everything's good now! A week later: Do you realize you have something missing from your file? ARG!!! If I have so many things missing tell me all of it AT THE SAME TIME!!!! Than there's my advisor who keeps telling me to take my Blackboard class. I already took it. In fact, she wrote it down in her records (which she photocopied and sent to me because it was my transfer evaluation). And yet for the fourth time in a week she told me I had to take my Blackboard class. Is it so hard to actually listen to me when I explain, for the fourth time, that I already have and that the records show that I have? And let's not forget the financial aid office. I asked them to remove one of my loans, and I made it very clear which loan and how much it was for. Response: We removed all your loans for you! Have a great day! WHAT?!?! So I had to go through the hassle all over again explaining that wasn't what I wanted AT ALL.

Why is it so hard for people to just LISTEN and UNDERSTAND before speaking? Don't treat me like a moron because you can't do your job. If you don't know what I'm saying to you or don't understand why I keep repeating myself or asking questions why don't you ask me for clarification instead of screwing up my record, which prohibits me from signing up for classes even though I have everything in?!

*deep breathe* Now that I've got THAT out of my system (sorry but some people really shouldn't work in a job where you have to talk to multiple people in a day) it's time for some Halloween pictures!

Cupcakes have become a Halloween tradition for me. And this year I found an awesome pumpkin cupcake recipe. Oh my goodness, it's the most delicious thing ever! Think carrot cake but...heaven forbid...BETTER!

The Pumpkin Regatta in Tualatin was a lot of fun. The pumpkin racers were hilarious. Funny costumes, pumpkin mishaps (Charlie Brown lost his pumpkin), and attempting to row a 1000 lb vegetable, oh my!


Then came the trick or treating! My little brother got a massive load of candy. He had to use the bag I made him AND his huge candy bucket. Woohoo for him! There were some awesome groups this year. There were two couples dressed up to be Shaggy and the gang (one of the kids was Scooby Doo). They were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment