Sunday, April 17, 2011

Record Time!

This is going to sound silly but I'm super stoked today! We got all of our chores done (well, most of them) before 4:30!! That's unheard of! Thank you Campbell's Cleaners for having a laundrymat across from the grocery store!

Add to that the dishes and laundry being put away...this is unheard of. More unheard of: not a single sock was left to fend for itself. They all had pairs! That sounds obvious but EVERY time we do laundry JT always has one random stray sock missing its brother. Don't ask me how he does it.

In happier news, I'm in a great mood today. Service today really pushed me. Our new pastor was discussing idols and how they're created by fear, which really grabbed my attention. You see, my idol IS fear. Fear of failing but, even stronger than that, is fear of success. I've been in and out of school for multiple reasons. Money and moving, sure. But a big piece, regardless of if it was the deciding piece or not, was fear of both failing and succeeding. Both of which also kept me from opening my Etsy shop as well.

So to hear our pastor talk about how our idols keep us from a full relationship with God, allowing Him control and ackowledging that He knows best...yeah, that was a punch to the gut. Because I KNOW that I don't do so much in my life because I hold on to this fear. I love how God times everything so perfectly. While in Seattle I had a conversation with Debbie about not knowing what to do or where to go with my life and she put it all so simply I wanted to cry. "Think of yourself as being on a sailboat, Dani. You're not going to go anywhere unless you aim your boat in a direction and open up the sails. The winds will carry you where you're supposed to go and redirect you if you're going the wrong way."

I can't simply sit around in the boat, too afraid to move because I'm afraid of going the wrong way where I may perish or end up in the right place and not knowing what to do once I get there. I need to be brave and sail on in the hopes that things will turn out well.

I'm going to be kicking my butt into high gear this week and really push myself to get my shop together. I've been working on my commission piece all this week, which isn't bad, but I've been informed that I don't need to rush so I think I'll take my time (meaning a week or two longer) instead of trying to push it out and neglecting the other work I need to do. Plus, I think the icy burn in my wrist will thank me for that haha. Step one in getting my shop together:



Please excuse my horrible formatting. I went to the "new" editor and oh my goodness. Either I'm really computer stupid or this program is ridiculous. I suck at blogging :-(

Anyway, step one is cleaning up that cursed and infamous craft room!!!! As you can see (ignore the glare please) it is in desperate need of help. I'm fully aware of this. Ask JT, I've been putting in my hours at least 4-5 times a month trying to get that darn room organized and it just doesn't happen. Every time I make some progress I need to get something out and it gets chaotic again. It's horrible. But alas! I have outside help! Thank God Sarah doesn't shake at the terror of messy and tornado-ized craft supplies because she's the one stepping in to help me pull in the reins on this big, bad mess. Debating buying some storage bins (NOT boxes) to put stuff in so I can actually find things easily.

Once this room is clean - or at least clean enough to walk through and sew in - I'll be sewing up a storm of plush goodness! And hopefully I will soon be sharing with you my work blog's address. As of right now it looks like every other blog out there. Going to get JT to work on it sometime in the next few days to really make it my Etsy blog. With any luck he'll show me how to use the stupid fancy tools to make my posts look good (ie my photos) and people won't laugh me out of business. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment