Everybody ready for Christmas yet? We're still trying to figure out our holiday plans but our house is looking nice and festive. Maybe I'll post some pictures of our homemade decor later this week. It's been an interesting roller coaster ride for us here at Casa de la Carroll (that means "house of" right?). I've been sick on and off with a sore throat (today, on), we went to Ekklesia for the first time on Tuesday which is our church's version of "small" group (26 people is not small, in my opinion), we have JT's work party tonight and...
JT is moving positions AGAIN!
Seriously, if it wasn't for the fact that this happens every 4 months I'd be excited. I'm a little sick of it though. But this is GOOD. Despite my lack of excitement, this is a very good move for him. He'll be a bit closer to home, working less hours, and make the same amount of pay (actually, a few hundred more a month, technically speaking). All in all, a very good move. He starts in January so it's happening fairly quickly.
As you can see, a roller coaster of a week! How did this effect our photos? Well...not very much, to be honest. In fact, looking at these I've realized we need to stop taking photos in our pjs. Lots of gray going on. We'll work on that. Starting tonight, when we're dressed up (well, I'll be dressed up. JT will be in work clothes) for the party.

12/9/11 - Snuggling up to keep warm.
JT is moving positions AGAIN!
Seriously, if it wasn't for the fact that this happens every 4 months I'd be excited. I'm a little sick of it though. But this is GOOD. Despite my lack of excitement, this is a very good move for him. He'll be a bit closer to home, working less hours, and make the same amount of pay (actually, a few hundred more a month, technically speaking). All in all, a very good move. He starts in January so it's happening fairly quickly.
As you can see, a roller coaster of a week! How did this effect our photos? Well...not very much, to be honest. In fact, looking at these I've realized we need to stop taking photos in our pjs. Lots of gray going on. We'll work on that. Starting tonight, when we're dressed up (well, I'll be dressed up. JT will be in work clothes) for the party.
12/9/11 - Snuggling up to keep warm.
12/10/11 - JT stuck the camera RIGHT in my face. So flattering. This pasta though...I'm craving it just looking at it. Amazing! Olive oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, and oregano. Simmer it up, pour over pasta, badabing badaboom! You're done. And it's DELICIOUS!
12/11/11 - A nice weekend walk to the park, then the co-op. Got some delicious orange dark chocolate...mmm. JT got peppermint cups (like peanut butter cups). Was nice to be out in the sunshine. And I think this was the first time we've ever seen the park empty. No one was there until we were leaving. Granted, that was only 5 minutes, but still!
12/12/11 - Decorating the house with some pretty snowflakes! JT made the one (two, if you can see the other one) behind us. He can make stars in snowflakes. STARS PEOPLE! You know what I can make? Triangles. Lines at best. This guy is a wizard, I swear! Is there anything he can't do?
Yes...yes there is. Putting socks in the laundry basket. Nuff' said.
12/13/11 - We made pomanders at Ekklesia. JT's wasn't (still isn't) finished. They're now sitting in a bowl behind my computer, where I can't smell them. Which is odd, because you can smell them if you sit at JT's computer which is just on the other side of the table. And it's a small table.
12/14/11 - Ah, the day I started getting sick again. I blame the people at the library. Even though I didn't hear any of them coughing. I'll still blame them though. Because if I try blaming JT he'll just snap me with a towel or tickle me or use some other form of marital torture.
No comments:
Post a Comment