Friday, January 6, 2012

P365:OU Week 23

Got a Truffle in my lap right now. What a huge leap from last week! Last week she was still getting used to the idea of laps, now she can't get enough of them. She's okay with the camera, but the lighting in the house makes it ridiculously hard to take good pictures of her. She's soooo big since we got here! I'm looking through the pictures from the last week and she's grown. Makes me sad but happy that she's growing with love now. I'd stop gushing but she has been the center of our attention this week.

I have a special treat for you this week: a video! We've taken a TON of videos actually but that'll have to be a separate post. Maybe I'll post some more later this week. For now, I'm just posting the one to see how it works.

We can't get enough of her little quirks. She loves tunnels, she still chases her tail, she's OBSESSED with the plastic curtains, she gets on her tip toes before she attacks (giving her the name "Twinkle Toe Godzilla"...there's a video of her Godzillaness that I might post later), she still suckles on fuzzy things and I'm kinda hoping that's something she keeps for a while because it's adorable. She likes to head dive things, somersault, and do barrel rolls. She loves playing hand spider. And "let's use mommy and daddy as mountains!" Yeah...our knees are apparently perfect for knawing and claw sharpening.


Okay...I'm done gushing now...I promise...


12/29/11 - Playing with the ribbon with Truffle...


...And there she is!


12/30/11 - She's so little!!! She was suckling on JT's hoodie string here.


JT is such a proud daddy. He's absolutely in love. Now he's got TWO women in his life!


12/31/11 - New Year's Eve at Heather and Ron's. This was 10 minutes before midnight.


This wasn't though. This was earlier in the day.


Attack!!!


She used to be afraid of that ball, if you can believe that.


1/1/12 - Happy New Year! I was HOPING we could get a picture of us kissing at "midnight" but that picture didn't turn out and when I gave Carly the camera JT suddenly turned into a perfect gentleman who is too refined to kiss in front of a camera....siiiiiiiiiiigh. So this is us "arguing" about his politeness.


To make up for the lameness at midnight JT took me to the park and we took pictures on the swings. This was his favorite shot. Gotta admit, I love it too. It's different :-)


1/2/12 - Um...I wish I could explain why we're so weird but I can't.


Truffle's not weird though. She's just cute. Okay...that's a lie. She's plenty weird. And graceless. "Graceful like a moose, smooth like a walrus."


As I said...graceful and smooth.


1/3/12 - Game night date night. We didn't get too far. We had to quit before anybody won because Truffle kept interfering. By the time we finally got halfway through it was almost midnight and JT had an early meeting. This was when she got the nickname Twinkle Toe Godzilla.


Hard to believe this innocent little girl can be such a terror sometimes. Like I said, she LOVES laps now.


1/4/12 - Between rounds of curly and crinkly with Truffle.


All cuddled up.


This is her headbombing the floor. It later turned into a somersault. Or a barrel roll. Normally a head dive preceeds one of those two.


1/5/12 - Just us being us.


And Truffle being cute while I'm on the phone with Lillian. See Lil, this is why it's hard to concentrate while talking to you sometimes.


Chasing her tail on my lap. Because I dared to bring out the mini tripod and that's "scary." Too scary to play with her scratching post, which was the whole reason why I pulled it out.

Alas! The video! This was on the 4th. This is the only time I've caught her on camera chasing her tail (it's been a hard thing to catch!).

Now tell me, has she grown or what? It's crazy! She's been with us a little over a week and it's as if she's been here all along. Love this little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment