Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Two Months

Wow! I thought the Navy was all about "Hurry up and wait!" Apparently school is the same way. The day after I got my acceptance I was checking my email account (already established) and had to take placement tests due to my major. I've sent in all my extra FAFSA verification forms and today I sent out my health records. The only thing left is the advance tuition payment which will be made during the next paycheck I think (possibly sooner...depends on Paypal).

Those placement tests are crazy! I was tempted to call them and tell them I know I have to take all the beginner classes so can I please skip the placements? I had to take Calculus (never done before...ever!) and only got 10 questions right out of about 28. Don't know how that worked because I completely guessed on most of them. Then I had a Chemistry test which, again, I failed. I don't remember my score on it. After that I had to take a foreign language profiency test and got to choose from Spanish, French, German, Russian, or Latin. I've only ever taken Spanish so I went ahead and failed that one too. I think I got 13 out of 40. I'm glad I did badly though. I wouldn't want to be placed in a class more advanced than I really am. The trick is...which language will I choose to learn first?! Oh my. That'll be hard haha.

So once all this craziness was done (a lot of phone calls were made to get things done!) I had to leave my Uda's house. Hmmm...maybe I should backtrack a bit.

I finished my book "Help! I'm a Military Spouse" over the weekend. Wow! That helped me look at things in a MUCH more positive light. Don't get me wrong, I will certainly feel depressed, angry, upset, overwhelmed, and downright scared. Especially during deployments. But the book helped me realize there were a lot more positives than I thought. No, there is no way JT will never be deployed. No, there is no way he can control his work schedule. But I can take advantage of moving a lot by visiting different animal shelters and figuring out how to work out my shelter. And I can take advantage of accompanied tours/Space-A to take amazing pictures of countries I would never have been able to see otherwise. I'm planning on making a dream/gratitude journal now to start working on all my dreams by taking advantage of the military lifestyle that'll be forced upon me. Hey, if I'm gonna move I might as well see what places need a no-kill shelter the most! It's kinda like I'm being forced to realize and work on my goals.

Now that I've explained that...going back to the truck. On the way home JT and I were discussing me going to school, him going to boot camp in about 6 months, just everything that's suddenly happening. I'm so darn proud and grateful to have JT as a husband. He's the most supportive person I've ever encountered. I was fretting about if pre-vet was the right path for me because of how hard math and science will be and he reminded me how much harder I'll work because I want to fulfill my passion to save animals. We were talking about how hard it'll be for me to leave early and to not see each other that often for the first 2 years of our marriage. That's pretty crazy! But we started our relationship as long distance. True, it was only for three months, but we were still able to learn a lot about each other despite the difference and there was never any doubt about our faithfulness and love for each other. Why would that change now? Especially now that we're married and he'll be in the service, which will make it VERY hard to have doubts since he won't exactly be partying around town. While I might be trekking through Seattle with friends I'm going to a Christian school as a married woman, which would also make it VERY hard for him to have doubts. Our relationship is pretty solid so the doubts are small anyway but knowing that we're putting ourselves in positions that would make it difficult to get away with anything, whether it be cheating or drinking or anything else stupid is comforting.

I think we're fairly at peace with how things are gonna be. It'll be tough and we'll miss each other a lot. But we're both going to be working on fulfilling our dreams, we're both going to be busy most of the time which will decrease any anxiety or depression we may feel about the separation, and when we get to be physically together again we'll be so much stronger for going through all of this. Our future will look brighter because we've worked hard. I think life might actually go well :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment