Oh boy. This is a doozy.
I got an artistic scholarship, so that's fantastic. $3,000 is nothing to sneeze at.
However, that's the only scholarship I got.
Even with federal loans I'll have to make up for $19,500 on my own. With JT's work reimbursement it drops down to $16,000. If SCAD will match it (which they should but you never know) it'll be $14,500. Divide that by 3 and that's $4,833.33 due per term. This is not including if I decide to take classes during summer quarter.
If I get a job on campus I'm only allowed to work 20 hours a week. 20 hours at $6.80 (it's actually $7.25, but I'm overestimating taxes...much easier to know paychecks that way) is about $544 a month or $1,632 a term. Which leaves about $3,201 a term unaccounted for. Not going to calculate getting a job off campus because that's a lot harder to get.
Oh boy. I do believe this is the hardest decision I'll ever make. Deciding to marry JT, piece of cake! (wasn't really a choice to be honest, it was a given) Deciding to visit my dad, difficult but not back-breaking. This? Choosing between education with debt or the potential to have a house and family within the next decade (because let's face it, those two things won't be happening if I have $100,000 in loans to pay off!)....how the heck am I supposed to choose? Follow my dream or follow the plan? Live in a ton of debt with a small family or live in little debt with a slightly not so small family?
My brain...it hurts :-(
Friday, April 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just pray. :)
ReplyDelete