Monday, June 11, 2012

That Was Not So Easy

For those who don't pay attention to Facebook, I got more exciting news on the 8th. Like, REALLY exciting news!

My appeal, which originally was denied more scholarship funds, was looked at again by the committee and I was granted more funds! My off-campus scholarship went from $2,100 to $3,500!! That is absolutely fantastic! Especially since I was expecting absolutely nothing. Zero, nada, zip. They had already denied me once, why would they give me anything the next time around? I have no clue who said what or pulled what strings but someone at SCAD likes me!

So now we have a place, I have more funds (with hopefully more on the way! I start hearing back from outside scholarships July 13!), and all we have to do is wait for JT to know his job situation. Here's hoping we hear about a transfer soon! Because honestly, the sooner we get out there the better! I want to get to know my new home a bit before rushing around like a crazy undergrad going to a ridiculously hard school. Did I say like a crazy undergrad? I did. Let me correct myself: I WILL be a crazy undergrad going to a ridiculously hard school. And the odd thing is, that doesn't intimidate me at all! Makes me feel more confident actually. Bizarre.

Come on hiring managers in Savannah, get back to JT about work already! We're anxiously awaiting your calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment