Tuesday, June 5, 2012

About to Hit Overtime

Everything is moving so slowly right now. Like, SUUUUUPER slow. Which we should totally be grateful for because everything is about to hit hyperspeed and we'll be staying up super late just to catch up. But we're not because we're both anxious to see how this plays out. JT actually paced the other night. PACED! Normally I'm the one that's pacing!

So to bring you up to speed, here's what's going on now:

* We applied for an apartment over the weekend. The manager was super nice and willing to work with us given that we have no clue when, for sure, our move-in date is. We'll hopefully hear back about whether we got it on not by the end of this week/early next week.

* I heard back about my appeal...and didn't get any extra scholarship money. But alas, there is good news! I mentioned on the SCAD Facebook page that I was bummed and wish I could ask why I didn't receive more money (just for my sake. I want to actually GROW in my photography, after all) but wasn't comfortable asking my advisor because he's...well...kinda mean most of the time. A staff member saw my post and mentioned it to him. He's been sweeter than sweet tea now! I asked him why the committee didn't think I deserved more money and instead of answering my question (he is the king of cop-outs) he requested that it be looked at once more by the committee to see if there's absolutely anything they can do. So my appeal is going in again today, though I'm not sure how soon I'll know if it came to anything. I'm not expecting any more money. They've seen my work twice now, I don't think a third time is going to sway them anymore. But knowing that my advisor is actually TRYING and maybe, just maybe, we can work together and not want to rip each other's throats out is comforting.

* JT has applied like crazy over the past week to different positions. Three at his bank (one of which had the job posting he really wants close yesterday, his actual position closes today, and the third position he applied for closes at the end of the week), and two at Savannah-local banks. He should hear about the first two positions at his bank fairly soon I think. If I remember right he said within two to three weeks. No clue about the last one. He contacted one of the Savannah banks this morning and they sent his resume in to be directly considered for the position he really wants. The other Savannah bank is calling him for an interview on Thursday. If he gets any of these positions and ends up wanting them we might be moving a LOT sooner than we thought. Which I think would be good for us. We're going a bit stir-crazy right now. Like I said, JT was pacing!

* I have now had three driving lessons and have another one tonight. JT is thinking about taking me in for my permit test fairly soon and might start teaching me how to drive his car as soon as this weekend. Depends on how tonight's driving lesson goes. My high speed record is 27 mph! My biggest problem: I'm spending too much time watching the spedometer and not enough time watching the road! Yeah...need to work on that.

I think that's it for now. We're in the 7th inning it seems. Aaaaalmost there but not quite to the final stretch yet. But getting there. Very, very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment