Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Another Inspiration Wednesday

Alright, first things first.

HI DAD!!!! :-D

Okay, now that I've said that I can say one more thing: So You Think You Can Dance = AMAZING!! Congratulations Russell for being such an inspiring dancer!! And to Jakob and Katherine for being so darn incredible!! People like them make me wish I was more coordinated.

Now to the boring life stuff haha! This week has been hectic. I've been working on one project after another, cranking them out like crazy. I've still got quite a few left (ack!) but so far I've made about 15 ornaments, 7 of which were sewn (ack!), a stocking for a certain Bear, and I've still got 6 other projects in the works. Meanwhile JT is showing off the scarf he made me that he has finally FINISHED and is so darn proud of (I'm proud of him too hehe!). It's so pretty! Will show pictures as soon as I can. Which mainly means when I'm willing to deal with charging my camera haha.

On top of all the projects and Christmas chaos I've been dealing with school stuff. Been slowly getting around to packing (amazing how much stuff you realize you have once you pull it all out just to put it somewhere else!). Been dealing with more financial aid stuff. Everyone keep your fingers and toes crossed that my payment plan application is accepted!!!! If not I have to pay all my tuition upfront and let's just say that will be pretty darn hard to do because of my book money (which is now a third more than the price it was originally because my classes got changed...though I am pretty happy about getting into bio!!!). Are you crossing your fingers? Tighter! Just a weeeeeee bit TIGHTER! Okay...good. Much better!

JT is going to send in his letter saying he's not joining the Navy soon. Probably after the holidays when he has a chance to just sit down and put it all down. This whole process has been an emotional roller coaster but I think we've found a very happy place to be and a plan that, while will probably change because that's how life is, it's lenient enough that plans can change without hurting anything.

Wow...I'm so glad nobody can see me right now. I'm listening to Jesus rap (yes, it exists) and I'm "krumping"....the quotations are there for a reason!

Sorry I'm all over the place today. Blame Marisol. I hung out with her all day and got a lot of life talk out in the open which always feels good. There's nothing like a very close friend to help you realize just how awesome life is and how many opportunities are out there in the world. I'm not gonna reveal that little detail yet because JT and I are still working on it but we have a pretty cool idea of something we want to get started working on here soon :-D

No worries, we both still plan on going to school! But this little detail will definitely be awesome if we can pull it off. It'll allow us to graduate, me attempt modeling (yes, I'm still trying), and see the world.

Before I go into the Inspiration for the day, I have a question to all of you: since JT and I have talked a lot and decided service is not the life for us our title for our blog is no longer valid. Someone who's really living that life deserves the title, thus we need a new one. So if you have any ideas (Uda, no more lame ones!!!) send them our way! Now for inspiration!

Blood:Water Mission (http://www.bloodwatermission.com) is an incredible organization that's trying to help the people of Africa by bringing them clean water. They help communities access clean water and give them the ability to keep their village healthy. By teaching them sanitation methods they're enabling the people of Africa to stay disease free. On top of that they also work on the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS. This project is truly amazing and has hit university campuses all over the world. It's definitely worth looking at if you want to find a good way to help the people of Africa who truly have so little compared to Americans and yet have found ways to be grateful and happy about the littlest things in life.

Puffy Paws Kitty Haven (http://www.puffypawskittyhaven.com) is a No Kill cat sanctuary like I've never seen (Thanks Deanna and Cake Wrecks for showing them off!!). They take in special needs cats that would've been euthanized simply because shelters don't have the time or people willing to work with these cats and gives them a second chance. This is probably the most extraordinary haven for cats I've ever seen. They go to great lengths to make sure their cats are getting the appropriate care they need. Plenty of cats are adoptable and those that aren't get to stay at the "Greatest Cathouse" ever with people who are bound and determined to let them live their lives to the fullest.

Now I'm off to wear my pretty new scarf!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your public is waiting to see that scarf. Go charge up the camera, young lady, and start modeling it for us!

    ReplyDelete