This is the last Inspiration Wednesday of 2009!!! Wow! Am I the only one who finds this crazy? There has been so much that happened this year it's amazing. Had to deal with junk at school, got that taken care of, got married, going back to school, became obsessed with crafting even more and now make stuffed animals...I have a blog! Hahaha! :-D
It's crazy to me still to think I'm going back to school! It's amazing and exciting and scary and depressing and just...wow. I'm beyond stoked about this roommate of mine. She's yet another soulmate! I can totally see me, her, and Marisol all chilling and people would think we grew up together hehe!
Now...the inspiration? Pick up the economy for small time business owners. We've all seen the stores going out of business. Joe's, Circuit City, and I believe Bed, Bath, and Beyond is either closed completely or is in the process (it was in the process a few months ago I know that). But oftentimes the small time business owners get ignored, even though their means of living is just as important to them as these big stores are to corporations. A great place to go shopping is by going to Etsy. (www.etsy.com)
I'm sure I've talked about this before but Etsy truly is an awesome place. There is beautiful work, cheap and expensive, creative, and original! You can walk through town and guarantee that you won't find 10 other people who bought that same shirt at Target. You can host a house party and know that no one else attending has that painting in their living room. You can find pretty much anything on there. Furniture, kitchenware, clothes, jewelry, artwork, bags, toys, body care items, ANYTHING! And if you're a crafty person Etsy might be a great way to supplement your income (or, with the right marketing, you could completely support yourself!).
Just a thought ;-)
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment