Since our internet will be turned off tomorrow you won't be hearing from me for a few days. Thus, I decided to clue you in on our "detailed" schedule.
Detailed because JT found the most out-of-the-way, can't-find-on-a-normal-map towns to stop in. Sigh. We're gonna get lost knowing our luck.
Friday night we'll be heading to Bend where Truffle's "aunt" (the woman who fostered her) has offered to let us stay for the night.
Saturday will be Idaho and Wyoming. All day. Hoping to get some pretty pictures while we're driving but I guess we'll see.
Sunday we're leaving Wyoming and heading through Nebraska. May the record show, for those who are aware of the debate (which is one person, but still) that we do NOT go through Montana. At all. Just saying. Once we hit Nebraska we're going to go from upper 80's to 100-105 degree weather! It's gonna be HOT!
Monday we leave the 100's for the somewhat cooler 90's (mind you this is all according to wunderground and goodness knows they never get Oregon right when I look at the 7 day forecast so maybe this is all wrong too) as we leave Nebraska and go into Missouri with a brief stop in Illinois.
Then Tuesday is the big day! We leave Illinois, head through Kentucky, down through Tennessee, drive over the entire state of Georgia and then...
We're home :-)
We're looking at a 45-49 hour drive (depending on traffic) over four long days and one bonus evening. Going over mountains, through plains (hot plains...THAT'S going to be a very hard day), into big cities if I get my way, zipping by smaaaaaaaaall towns if JT gets his way.
I'll be taking Koda, my worldwide traveling bear (holla to my Swap-bot gals!), along for the ride and try to get some fun shots of him on his cross-country road trip. Much more preferable, I'm sure, then a box being shipped on a plane. Truffle will have to actually put her harness skills to good use...which is to say there will be a lot of arguing between us and her concerning potty time. And JT and I will attempt to agree on as much as possible, though there's no guarantee after day one that this will be possible. Here's hoping there are plenty of radio stations to choose from.
Next time I post on here will probably be Saturday night. I will try to remember to take photos on my phone as well as my camera (cameras? I wonder if that film works...) so I can show you the trip as we go, then show you the better photos once we get there. Fingers crossed that I remember to do that!
Can't wait to share the journey with you!
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayer for Safe Journey
ReplyDeleteLord, be our guide and our protector on the journey we are about to take. Watch over us. Protect us from accidents. Keep us free from harm and body and soul.
Lord, support us with Your grace when we are tired. Help us to be patient in any trouble which may come our way.
Keep us always mindful of Your presence and love.
Amen.