Just because we know we're leaving doesn't seem to mean everyone else knows. So this week we are making it more official. As if that's possible...which apparently it is. Oh naive couple who are moving cross-country for the first time...with a cat...who is going bonkers right now.
We had a final dinner with JT's parents over the weekend. Oh my gosh, it was so darn good! And we packed up the last stuff we have at their place (mostly mine). Very strange to think the next time we go out there not only will we have been out of Oregon for at LEAST a few months (and that's being incredibly optimistic) but the shop will be gone, the garden will be harvested, and they might have yet another animal to add to their zoo. We may have said goodbye to two of the dogs for the last time. Possibly one of the cats for the last time (Lou keeps looking gnarlier and gnarlier). Strange...
We turned in our 30-day notice after receiving very confusing instructions from a woman who had to be in her early 50's yet had a snot piercing. You know the ones, they're between the lip and the nostril and just make you wanna rip it out because it might as well be a piece of snot. Yeah, she had one of those. And clearly had no idea what she was doing. Here's hoping I filled out that paperwork right and we get our full deposit back. If not, I might just blame her piercing. Surely it lowers your IQ by a few points.
Anyway, we officially no longer have an apartment in Oregon as of August.
My Uda just now realized this weekend is our last weekend. Been trying to set up a BBQ at my grandma/aunt/uncle's place for Sunday but apparently there's a funeral happening on Wednesday that they're attending so I'm not quite sure if we'll get it set up. Hope so. I really wanna see my grandma before I leave. And my aunt and uncle...but mainly my grandma (Aunt, Uncle, if you're reading this please don't hate me!). Getting a little more sad knowing I'm saying goodbye to my family.
Also set up our goodbye "party" with our married group too. For the day before we leave. Something tells me I'll see Carly the day of though. Hard not to when she's right down the street...I don't know which of us is gonna break down in tears first and when. They're going to help us load up the truck before we eat yummies and I'd much rather not cry all over my food. Food is very important, you know.
Hoping to have pictures posted in the next few days. Nothing special, just random photos of our last days in Oregon. Hoping meaning I need to take the photos off my camera so I have room on the card for the trip over but I have no clue when I'll actually sit down at JT's computer and do it. Been telling myself I'd get on for Pottermore the past three days and that hasn't happened yet but maybe the extra incentive of photos will get me there quicker.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment