We have five days to go...
It's going so fast...
We have so much done and yet...so little!
I know this week will go by like a whirlwind but AAAACCKKK! The insanity just won't stop until we're home and settled.
Yesterday was a very hard day for me. I went to see my family on my mom's side and just burst into tears when I hugged my Grandma. I'm not sure which one of us started crying first but it was pretty bad...complete bawl-fest. I was doing so good because Uda and I were fighting tears and then I turn around and there's Grandma. Sigh.
It was good though seeing everyone before I left. Just knowing that they're all rooting for us and will be here when we come back to visit, waiting to hear our adventures, that's a good feeling. But the poor kiddo...he kept coming up to me, hugging me, kissing me, telling me he loved me and he couldn't wait to visit. He looks like he's grown about 4 inches since the last time I saw him (which was only two months ago! then again, he was sitting in front of the television the entire time...) and it just punched me in the gut how much older he'll be the next time I see him. He'll probably be as tall as me (he's already at my armpits and the kid is only 10. I'm 5'8!!), he'll probably start having voice cracks that embarass him like crazy (mainly because Jeff and I will make fun of him), and he might not be interested in going to the amusement parks in Florida by the time I see him, which he is very interested in going to right now.
It may not be exactly like how they feel, but now I understand what parents mean by "they grow up so fast." The darn kid was snorting with his pacifier and demanding that a plane was an "Adar" just yesterday! Wasn't he? I could've sworn he just learned how to read, how to write, how to drive me crazy...
This is the only chance I've had today to think back on all that. MIL came bright and early with some MORE boxes that were at the house and MORE Goodwill stuff that had to go. God bless in-laws with huge cars. It took 3...4?...3...3 trips to Goodwill to take care of everything (and then I realized there was a box hidden that needed to go just 10 minutes after she left. Arg!) but it's taken care of! No more desk, no more random chairs from outside the garbage can (don't judge, they weren't IN the garbage can), no more hulking TV that we haven't used once in the two years we've lived here.
So right now is my one break in the day to regain my energy. I've arranged all the boxes brought over in the craft room. Though, now that I think about it, we'll have to rearrange all those once we load up the van because some of the important boxes we'll need somewhat soon after getting there are at the back of the room. Oh dear...and I've got more packing to go today. Plus a potential trip to the post office. And a financial meeting. And...and...
The list goes on. But we'll be on the road soon! Oh boy. Time is just WHIZZING by!
Monday, July 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment