It may not be very optimistic to most people, but our place is looking half empty now. That means we're halfway to leaving! Which is very optimistic, in my humble opinion.
The craft room is almost stuffed. Granted, this has more to do with the desk taking up a quarter of the room so the boxes are all shoved out but still. Hmm...how ARE we going to take care of the desk with all those boxes in the way? Bah, I'll solve that problem later. Anyway, most of our upstairs is packed now. We've still got some random doodads laying around that need packing. Blankets, random clothes that didn't get packed before but we're not wearing anytime in the next two weeks (think I'll die in the car if I wear a sweater and jeans going through 95 degree weather outside), pens galore.
Seriously, if you need pens, I can hook you up. JT seems to have a magnetic attraction to them. We have FAR too many! Or a desk. I can hook you up with that too ;-) Though that comes at a price.
Yesterday JT got off early from work. You see, being the amazing man that he is he not only PASSED his audit, his branch got the HIGHEST SCORE in the district!!! Wooooooooo! My honey is so incredible. He put a LOT of work in to make that happen. Most of the other branches are actually fully staffed, they have no excuse to get lower scores. Yup, JT is awesome like that. To get it all to work and actually get his small staff to get everything done is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you, Jesus! :-D
So once JT got home and we celebrated with a nice lay down in front of the fan we tortured ourselves by walking to Freddie's. Okay, torture is a strong word. Someone had their sprinklers on and we ran right through them. But the walk home wasn't easy. We went over to buy a cooler and some ice packs and JT, being ever so clever, decided that buying the 28 qts would be better than the 19 qts. True, it'll come in much handier during future bbqs, camping trips (hah!), and crabbing/fishing outings. But when you have to carry it home with ice packs and water bottles in 82 degree weather and home is a good 20 minute walk away...not so smart or handy. JT rewarded himself with a nice lay down back in front of the fan when he got home.
Packed some more. Our hallway cupboard is now almost empty. Only things left in there is some towels and bathroom stuff we'll be using over the next week. And nail polish I'm going to attempt offloading on my gals. Because I never wear the stuff and they do. Hint hint Casey! They're fun, summer colors!
This morning was a nice jaunt to Goodwill. The person in front of us in the donation line is also moving to the east coast. Seems to be a trend. We have now offloaded miscellaneous stuffed animals that I got at fairs/school/???, textbooks that OSU refused to buy back after just one term, and clothes that will never ever fit us again. Although I was tempted to keep JT's tiger cub shirt for our t-shirt quilt. I specifically remember telling him that too but alas, the shirt is now gone :-( That man has no care for sentimental value. Sigh.
So what's on the schedule for today? Honestly...relaxing. I'm in major pain today, lovely back that I have. Might go to the library to return my books (for the last time ever here! Waaah!) and donate a few more I've found laying around but that's about it. Problem is...I've got nothing to do. Okay, not technically true. I've got a little more packing I can do now, some paperwork I can go through, and an epic book about the Harry Potter filmmaking that I'm savoring. And I'll probably just end up reading about HP all day and have lovely dreams about Rupert Grint (not dying...as I did the other night...*shudder*). But I can hope I'll get something worthwhile done, can't I?
Friday, July 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment