Tuesday, January 19, 2010

An Army of Love

First of all, Inspiration Wednesday will be said today because I've got too much going on tomorrow to guarantee I'll be on. We all know about Haiti, so do your part even if all that is means following the news and keeping them in your thoughts. Craft Hope's Etsy shop has raised almost $10,000 in just a week!!! Today was wear red for Haiti (something to do with texting the Red Cross to donate $10...I'm not high tech so I don't understand that) but I guess you can wear red tomorrow too.

Now...moving on. I feel like I have an Army of Love around me today. This morning was HARD (story of my time here lately). I didn't want to get out of bed, I didn't want to eat, I didn't want to move, I just didn't want to do anything. Called my mom who, btw, is freakin amazing. Love ya Uda!!! So that helped get my day started, knowing my Uda's rootin for me. Went to class and my professor (Bio lab btw) is such a freakin moron. She comes up to me, notices my ring, asks if it's real (no, I bought a fake wedding ring for $1500 even though I'm struggling with tuition....moron) then asks about JT. I explain our situation and you know what she says? "Oh...well I hope you don't get a divorce because of this." WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!??! I freaking hate her...just...UGH!

So at this point I'm really upset and just not doing well. Angel texts me and asks if I'd like to hang out. I say of course and we go to Teacup (which, if you like tea, is a fantastic place. I don't like tea but I actually truly enjoyed what they offered! Mmmmmmm passionfruit). We spend two hours just talking about life in general. Her guy, my guy, past hurts, present hurts, school....pretty much everything. It was so nice to just let it all out and be myself and know that she's not going to judge me and I don't have to explain certain things to her because we already know a good portion about each other just by going to high school and church together. That helped ease all this loneliness off.

Then I get back to my room and my dad calls. While we didn't talk long he pretty much asked how I'm doing and told me to stay strong because JT's worth it. Awwwwww. Not the kind of thing I expect my dad to say so that was interesting in a good way.

Now I'm sitting here. Kinda bugged because the person I've been trying to make an advising appointment with is available on Friday but it's right after I get my group assigned for ministry and I kinda want to spend time talking with them to figure out what we're going to do so it's not going to happen this week. But hopefully next week I'll get to see her.

Off to listen to a happy song and read my Glamour while I wait for JT to call me back (he had to do tax stuff with his grandma...yuck!!!) and let me know how paperwork crap went. I feel in the mood for Adam Lambert or Beyonce...Single Ladies or For Your Entertainment? Hmmm...I say...BOTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment