Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Inspiration Wednesday

Today was definitely a better day than yesterday. Hard...but good. Drama back at home makes me want to go back and hug everybody. Hopefully they know I'd hug them if I could (I love you, Marisol!!!). But overall today has been good.

UCor is about finding your identity through art. Tooooooootally up my alley, I'm thrilled about that class. My professor seems super cool and laid back, but in a way that makes you comfortable to ask questions not like an irresponsible teacher. Bio...I have a great professor, it's just the particular bio that it is doesn't interest me. So the professor will help to make it interesting but I'll be happier once I get to more of the bigger stuff (this term it's all about molecular biology...ew). Intro to Global and Urban Ministry will be fantastic!!! Since it's intro we'll only be going over certain topics like homelessness and human trafficking in a vague sense but since it's my minor I get to do more of that stuff later. But we have what sounds like a super cool project coming up which you'll probably hear all about once I get started. Now to just do all the HOMEWORK I have, ack!

I had Group tonight which is a worship service. Epic win. Felt sooooooo good to be back in a church setting again :-D It's been waaaaaaaaay too long and my soul just feels all happy right now! Eeeeee! After that I had "Life Maps" with my floor which is basically someone volunteering to talk a little about their life. We have an hour to do it but you can talk for 15 minutes if you want. Tonight it was our PA (which is an RA but it's PA here...don't know what it stands for yet but I think it's Peer Advisor) Amanda's turn and it was really touching to hear her story.

So for today's inspiration (or tonight's rather) I have a challenge for all of you, should you choose to accept it. Have an actual conversation (10 minutes or longer, and don't mention the weather!) with someone "new". By new I mean someone you generally just say hi to in passing or see walking down the street often. It can be someone completely new if you want though. I was super afraid that making friends would be difficult but, while I'm still not for sure friends with any particular person yet, I can definitely say that I'll have quite a few people I can consider my friends in a few weeks. So many people have come up to me asking about being married (apparently it's exciting to them hehe) but quite a few of them, after getting over that initial topic, have dared to invite me to eat dinner with them and go to Group with them and just let me get to know what life is like here. It's nice :-D So do your part, make someone else feel welcome in your life. You never know what kind of friends you might make if you just take a little effort! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment