Monday, January 25, 2010

Big Step Forward

I'm going home today. I'm withdrawing from SPU.

It's been a long journey and I fought really hard to get here but something happened today that just made me realize that I can't keep pushing anymore. This isn't where I'm meant to be and I recognize that. I'll really miss all the girls on my floor and the brothers who are more than a little hilarious. But in the end my health comes first. I just need to swallow my pride, acknowledge that it's not failure if I'm doing this for my own good, and move on.

JT and I decided that we've been trying to move too fast in too many different directions. So we're going to use me coming back as a means to start working on ourselves, our relationship, our family. Try to figure out our lives and get settled in our own place before trying to do anything else. I'm going to apply to OSU and PCC but if I do go (assuming I get in, which is very slim given my record) it won't be until fall and we'd have to be in the right place. No more forcing this school thing. We're going to make church, our family, and our happiness our priority right now and hopefully everything else will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment